The Adopt-A-Park Program is an effort to enlist community support through assistance with park and greenway upkeep. Community pride, a sense of ownership and better maintained parks & trails are the results of this program.
Volunteer activities may include some or all of the following depending on the site:
- Trash & debris pick-up - trash, debris, pet waste, recyclable material pick-up (including the separation of recyclables). Bags will be left near trash receptacles for city crews to collect.
- Athletic facilities clean-up – also sweeping bleacher areas, dugouts, courts, walks, etc.
- Playground and picnic areas and clean-up – also sweeping sidewalks and pads around facilities
- Monitoring and reporting – monitoring and reporting the condition of the park or greenway, including vandalism, non-functioning lights or other damage
- Any individual, group or organization can adopt a Park or Greenway segment.
- Monthly visits to your adopted area
- A minimum of a one year commitment starting in January
- Know and have read Program Safety Rules and Policies & Procedures before starting
- Fill out and have on file with the City, a Maintenance Contract
- Fill out and have on file a Volunteer Application & Liability Waiver